Sunday, October 27, 2013

Hauling and Birthday Planning!

Today I went into the Bullring in hopes of finding a nice birthday dress for my party this Saturday. With all the summer sales in full force (which I thought was early for summer sales!) I decided to venture into H+M.  I have always loved their clothing, however, of the past few months I haven't really bought anything much clothes-wise from there as nothing has really caught my eye or made me instantly want to buy anything. But today I went in the hopes of finding a nice dress that won't exactly break my budget until pay day. I was going  to go into my staple Primark in search of a dress, but I thought I'd just see if there was anything that I liked and to my surprise I came out a very happy girl.....

......With two dresses!


As soon as I saw this dress I just fell in love with the coral colour. It says 'Summer' in a colour to me! The material gives it that chiffon feel and on me (I'm 5ft 10) the hemline sits just above my knee. The dress also have a plunging V-shaped neckline which I have to say I normally shy away from (as for the rule of 'cleavage vs legs' in dresses, I usually stick to legs), but it's not indecent and looks quite flattering, so you could add a statement necklace to it. The colour would also pop against a nice (in my case faux) tan. I cannot wait to wear this to my party - I shall have to take an OOTN picture and post it on here with my make-up and hair done too - I would just take a shot wearing it now, but two reasons A.) I look like a scruff  B.) It wouldn't do it justice without all the trimmings! Oh and it was £7 down from £29.99....


I know what you're thinking.... It's the same dress in a different colour, right?! Wrong. Well sort of wrong... I showed my mum and she thought it was the same dress too...Yes it does have the same neckline as the coral dress, but it has spaghetti straps instead of the thicker fabric straps and also doesn't have tiered ruffles. The colour is a lovely dove grey and as I was contemplating which dress to buy, I thought "just get both...". Whilst the coral dress is more of a summer wear, this grey version is more versatile and can be worn in the autumn/winter too. The dress was also £7 down from £29.99 so £14 for two fabulous dresses?! What girl on a budget could say no?!

So there you go... Not a huge array of stuff but I hope it has been (slightly) informative and hopefully I can haul my lovely birthday gifts after the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment