Saturday, October 26, 2013

Daisy 'Eau So Fresh' by Marc Jacobs

When 'Daisy' first hit the shelves, I remember trying it in a department store and ended up spraying up my nose... Such a fail lol.... but even then I thought "wow...that is strong!". I'm all for sweet perfumes, but I never really fell for the first Daisy because I thought it was just a little toooverpowering for my liking, which was a shame cause I really wanted to like it. Then when 'Daisy Eau So Fresh' was released, I found it so much more appealing! You can still tell it's a 'Daisy' perfume, but it is lighter, vibrant and less potent. It is a very summery scent and does last all day, I don't feel like I have to touch it up as much as other perfumes. It contains notes of wild rose, apple blossom, violet, raspberry, grapefruit and cedarwood. It reminds me soo much of 'Parma Violet' sweets lol I dunno whether they sell Parma Violet sweets in other than the UK, but they're so yummy.... And the bottle above is the 75ml one, so again, I shouldn't be running out of it anytime soon!

And if you hadn't guessed already, this is the NARS cult 'Orgasm' blush! I actually squealed when I opened this, I have always wanted to own this blush. Anyone who's a beauty fanatic either owns it or has seen it being talked about/written about etc.. It's such a fresh pink and the good thing about it is that it can be built up to add more colour - it's not one of those blushes where one brush stroke can make you look slapped in the cheek... It leaves a nice shimmery highlight on cheekbones too which I think looks so pretty when caught in the light. Considering I don't really own/afford much high end products, this is such a nice thing to have in my collection :)


I also received a 'MAC' lipstick in the colour 'St. Germain' - which is a very lilac-toned pink. I think this was part of their 'Sugarsweet' collection they had a while back. Being slightly bias towards good ol' pink, I rather like it :) This is my first proper MAC 'Amplified Creme Lipstick' (I so far have 1 Frost and 1 Glaze Lipstick) so I need to test it out and see how it lasts and how it works on me etc, but I think this could work on me :) It's very Nick Minaj (I can never pronounce her surname right...)



This is probably one of my favourite presents. My little 6 year old sister knows I'm a bit of a beauty products freak, so she went out and decided to choose what she wanted to get me herself and so she got me a little make up goodie bag :) Gotta admit the girl has taste in colours.... Well mostly blue anyway :) I also forgot to add it in the picture but she also got me a little Revlon Lipgloss to go with my Rimmel Glam'Eyes Eyeshadow and Rimmel Nail colour. I think she's trying to hint I need some more 'blue' in my collection, but just look at the make-up bag!! I love the pattern and colours so much...


And lastly, some Guylian chocolate.... Mmm.... Cos well, Chocolate is probably a close second after my love of all things beauty. It'd be a crime not to like it....


Anyway, I thought I'd just post some of my lovely gems of birthday presents :) hope you're all well and I shall speak to you soon! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment